Last Modified: 6/27/17
Civil Agents, a d/b/a of Bertolo, Inc. (“Civil Agents,” "Company," "we," or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.recyclebycity.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. A short explanation of the terms is provided below each for your convenience and is not legally binding.
This policy applies to information we collect:
• On or through this Website.
• In e-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
• When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
Civil Agents’ Privacy Assurance
• We do not sell your personal information to anyone.
• We do not share your information with nonaffiliated companies that would use it to contact you about their own products and services unless you have allowed us to do so and as permitted pursuant to a joint marketing agreement.
• We require persons or organizations that represent or assist us in servicing your policy and claims to keep your information confidential.
• We require our employees to protect your personal information and keep it confidential.
1. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13:
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to, or on, the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website, or on or through any of its features/functionality, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features that may be available on this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
IN SHORT, we don’t collect information from children under the age of 13 and will delete it if we ever discover that we have done so. If you think we have collected information from your child, please email firstname.lastname@example.org that we can promptly delete it.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT:
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
• By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, social media handles, and other identifying information that you choose to share with us by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
• That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your annual revenue, gender, certain demographic information; and/or
• About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us (e.g. joining our mailing list or through contests and giveaways we organize).
• Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
• From third parties, for example, our business partners, data brokers.
IN SHORT, In order to sign you up for our newsletter, Schedule Reminders, and any contests or giveaways we organize, we need to gather some personal information from you, such as your name, email address, your home address, and your social media handles. We also occasionally collect non-identifying information about you for analytics purposes, in order to improve your experience on our site.
3. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US:
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of signing up for our newsletters and/or Schedule Reminders. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your quote requests.
• Your search queries on the Website.
IN SHORT, we also collect information if/when you choose to share this information with us (e.g. when you contact us directly looking for more information on local recycling resources).
4. INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES:
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website, such as traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
• Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use locally stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
• Web Beacons. Pages of the Website, and our e-mails, may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages, or opened an e-mail, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
IN SHORT, we use analytics tools to improve our website and services. These analytics tools will automatically collect non-identifying information about you unless you turn off this functionality in your browser.
5. DO NOT TRACK:
“Do Not Track” is a preference you can set in your browser to let websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information about you. We do not currently respond to, or honor, Do Not Track signals or requests from your browser.
IN SHORT, we do not currently have the functionality in place to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser. More information about Do Not Track can be found here.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION:
• To any subsidiaries we may form.
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Bertolo, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Bertolo, Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bertolo, Inc., our customers or others, or to prevent fraud. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may disclose aggregated, anonymized, and/or non-identifying information about our users without restriction.
IN SHORT, we will not share your personal information outside of the company (or any subsidiaries we might form) unless we have your consent to do so, or unless requested by law enforcement with a valid warrant.
7. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION:
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. The following mechanisms should help to provide you with control over your information:
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
IN SHORT, this is how you can limit the sharing of information to parties who may try to send you marketing information, including us.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION:
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Website and its contents to you.
• To register you for our newsletter and/or Schedule Reminders depending on your preferences.
• To prevent fraud.
• To comply with requests from regulatory and law enforcement authorities.
• To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing, claims, and collection.
• To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
• We may offer free newsletters via emails, text alerts, and other communications to share information with you about the site, collection schedules, or upcoming events. You may receive such information by either registering for a particular communication or in conjunction with a feature or promotion for which you have registered. You may opt-out of these communications by following the instructions in the designated area of such communications.
• We may also use your information to contact you about our own and our government partner's services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please opt-out of these communications by following the instructions in the designated area of such communications.
8. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION:
You may send us an email to email@example.com to request access to, correction of, or deletion of any personal information that you have provided to us.
IN SHORT, if you would like to change any information you have given us, you can do this by sending us an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS:
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
IN SHORT, California residents can request disclosure of how and what we provide to third-parties for marketing purposes.
10. DATA SECURITY:
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us through the Website is secured by SSL technology and is stored on our secure, password protected servers behind firewalls. We have implemented restricted employee access for all of our servers containing personally identifiable information, and conduct recurring staff training on relevant security practices.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
IN SHORT, we take various steps to ensure the security of your personal information, including limiting employee’s access to sensitive data, encrypting and backing up the data, and using SSL technology for our Website. No system can be 100% secure, and we rely on you to maintain the security and confidentiality of your account password.
IN SHORT, hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or are just bored and want to chat about your Quiz results.
Get notified when your city gets with it.